Thursday 24 November 2011

Jesus loves Kids 2

I am currently at a Children's leaders conference, and on reading today's scripture it has really encouraged me. In 2 John it starts with this verse, To the chosen lady and her children, whom I love in the truth. It then continues in verse 4 with these words, It has given me great joy to find some of your children walking in the truth, just as the Father commanded us.WOW! Do you realise what this means? Children are allowed to follow Jesus! Children are allowed to know the truth! 
This is not a revelation to me, as I work as a children's worker and my prime goal is getting boys and girls to  know Jesus. Unfortunately there are Christians that don't see children as important. They see children's church or Sunday School as a baby sitting service that happens while the REAL worship in the adult church goes on. 
I guess I'm now officially on my soap box! I love the Lord with all my heart, with all my soul and with all my mind, and so why would I not want the same for the children? Adults claim to love the Lord, to want to serve the Lord, to want to do the will of the Lord, but yet they don't read the bible to their children, they don't even buy a bible for their children, they don't pray with their children. How can we make sure that our children are walking in the truth  if we are not doing everything in our power to guide them in the way of Jesus?

Come on people! I know that this is my job to tell children about Jesus, but it has to begin with the family. Our Kids deserve to know the fullness of Christ for themselves, let's show them, let's grow them, let's do everything we can to give them the best Spiritual home we can - never mind playing games or sports, which I would like to say are fine - but instead let's encourage our children and young people that God comes first - even if it means that they don't play sport with their friends on a Sunday. They may be the only Christian on the team, but where and when are they getting fed if they are not in Church? If we give them an excuse now then what will happen when they are older? They'll find other excuses like, I don't have any friends in church, I have homework to do, I'm too tired! What is that? We need to make sure that our Children and Young people are encouraged to fellowship with God and with like minded people.
Come on church let's be like this lady in 2 John. Let's do our best to bring our children and young people into the Kingdom of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment