Monday 4 April 2011

Are they listening?

I'm in Luke chapter 10 today. Jesus has just sent out 72 of his disciples to preach the good news, to preach the Kingdom of Heaven. Jesus sends them out with this warning,  "He who listens to you listens to me; he who rejects you rejects me; but he who rejects me rejects him who sent me."
This is huge! It really hit me that when people laugh at me they are not just laughing at me they are laughing at Jesus; when they talk about me and say horrible things about me they are doing the same to my Saviour; when they ignore me and the gospel I share then they are ignoring Jesus too. I know that this is probably really obvious, but I'd never really thought about it like this before.
Each time I go into a school and talk about Jesus and the children don't listen or even laugh at me they are laughing not just at me they are laughing at Jesus -that's serious.When I tell others about how amazing God is, when they choose not to listen to me that means they are choosing to ignore Jesus. This makes me really sad, but, it will never stop me from telling others the gospel. In fact it makes me want to tell people even more. 
Let's make people listen, lets try and make people understand that Jesus is the only way, and that even if they think what we believe is barmy, if they reject our message, they reject God himself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment