Thursday 7 April 2011

On the inside...out

What am I like on the inside? Do I care more about what others think than about what God thinks? In Luke 11 Jesus confronts the Pharisees about what they are like inside as they care so much about their outward appearance. They are so busy keeping the letter of the law that they have forgotten who they serve, they have forgotten their first love.
I guess we can all be like this sometimes. We are all so busy trying to look the part that we forget that God sees what we are really like. Everyone else sees the outward stuff, but God knows everything that we think, everything that we do in secret. This has really challenged me today. It's not that I have secrets, but I do believe that I need to make sure that what I do on my own glorifies God as much as what I do in front of others. I need my life to be completely God's. I need to not be worried about what others think and make sure that my first priority is God and what he thinks. 
We all need to make sure that our first priority is our Lord, and put him in the centre of everything.  

No comments:

Post a Comment