Friday 8 April 2011

Don't Worry! Be Happy!

Todays scripture that I have been reading is Luke 12. Jesus tells us that God looks after all of us. He explains that if God can look after the birds in the sky and the flowers in the fields then why wouldn't he look after us. 
We have so many worries in life today. We worry about the things that are going on around the world, such as wars, poverty, earthquakes, terrorism and so on, not to forget whats going on in our own lives, such as family issues, money problems, job situations and I could go on and on with a list of worries that happen to many of us in todays climate. BUT no matter what...Jesus is Lord! 
I know that its not easy to put your trust in someone else sometimes. I know I can quite often be a person that will do it myself so I know its done instead of asking someone else to do it and then find out at the very last minute that I have to do it as they haven't. God is not like that. He loves us with an unending love, with a passion, so much that he died for us! He took our punishment! He wants us to trust in him and know that the things of this world are temporary and that he will provide for our needs - not wants - needs!
I know that I have a really busy schedule at the moment, and each day I get up with lots of things in my head of what I need to do next. I have lists attached to my desktop so that I don't forget things, but God will never let me down. Whenever I have been in situations like this before, God has always been there to guide me and to prompt me what to do. I know that I need to trust in God today to keep me on track. What about you? I know that I have to trust in God for many things including praying that he will use me to speak into the lives of the children I meet today, including answering my prayers for my family and friends that don't yet know him! Are you going to trust him for something today? Thats all he asks!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment