Saturday 2 April 2011

Who do you say I am?

Todays passage is Luke chapter 9. Jesus is with his disciples and asks them who they believe he is. Peter replies, "The Christ of God"
This made me think about who I believe Jesus is. I believe that he is my Saviour, he is my rock, he is my Lord, he is my King, he is my creator he is the very centre of my life. I know that there is 'no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.' 
The thing is, others don't know who Jesus is. Others just think he is a swear word, or a historical figure or even believe that he's not real at all. 
Let's face it, in the time of Jesus there was a similar problem. The leaders of the Temple didn't believe in him and he did miracles before their very eyes, the Roman Soldiers didn't know who he was as they nailed him to a cross, Judas thought he was someone else so he handed him over to the authorities.
Who do you say Jesus is? Is he your Saviour and Lord? If not, WHY NOT? He is the creator of the universe; he created us to be in a relationship with him. We owe him everything, so if you don't know him why not make the decision to get to know him. Jesus is wanting to be a part of your life, and all you have to do is ask, and I can guarantee he will show you how real he is. Jesus is the Saviour of the world, lets get to know him better, lets help others to know him too!

No comments:

Post a Comment