Wednesday 27 April 2011

Don't run ahead!

I've been thinking today about the fact that I'm ahead of my bible study and so am waiting for it to catch me up. This made me think about my walk with the Lord. 
If I try and get ahead of Jesus then things start to go wrong, but if I walk with him side by side, allowing him to guide my paths then everything fits. I'm not saying that I don't have problems, but I know that if I follow his lead then I can't go wrong.
While studying the passages from Luke I've also been reading in Joshua. This links in with my thoughts today, as in the first few chapters of Joshua we find the Israelites entering their new land - the Promised Land. Moses has died and Joshua has taken over the reigns of leadership. With God's instruction and guidance, Joshua lead the Israelite people over the river Jordan and into the land that they are about to settle in. God guides them all the way. Joshua leads them into battle after battle and God helps the Israelite people to defeat their enemies, BUT, only when they are following his lead. When they try and do things their own way and ignore what God has told them, then they loose the battle.
God has a plan and a purpose for all our lives. I believe that when we allow him to be our Shepherd, our guide, that even though we will still have problems, will defeat all our enemies, will win the race, will have the most amazing lives possible.  

No comments:

Post a Comment