Thursday 21 April 2011

What do you have to give?

Today's offering comes from Luke 21 and is the story of the widows mite. I love this story, I always think it's so amazing how Jesus notices her in the hustle and bustle of the temple. This little old lady is doing her best for God, which is unnoticed by everyone but God. Everyone else at the temple wouldn't have seen her putting her last few coins into the pot, as she wasn't important to them, but to God what she did was really important.
This always makes me feel good, especially when I feel ignored by others. I know that no matter how unnoticed I am that my Heavenly Father sees everything; he knows everything about me and knows what I do and what I don't do. He sees the work I do at work and the work I do at home; He sees when I'm sad and when I'm happy; He sees when I'm worried and when I'm not; He knows everything there is to know about me! I need to remember that what God sees is far more important than what others think they see.
This also means that we have a problem. If God sees everything we do and don't do, then we need to make sure that everything we do, we do for the Glory of God. We need to make sure that everything we do, is done to the best of our ability. After all, Jesus gave his best for us, so, why would we not give our best for him? Think about it...do we give our best to God, or do we have an attitude of that'll do? Let's be like the widow and give all we have to God and see what he will do...I can guarantee it will be amazing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment