Sunday 27 March 2011

Building Blocks

 OK its Luke again and still chapter 6. Todays passage is the parable of the two builders which is really well known.
I know that this is going to be an obvious point but I have to put my trust in God, I have to build my life on his foundations and not on my own.
It's so easy to carry on with my own agenda, or do my own thing, but when we come to know Jesus as Lord then we should no longer want to please ourselves, we should only want to please him. We shouldn't want to do things the easy way just because we can, we should want to do our best so that his name is glorified.

I guess this story has once again helped me to reassess what I am all about. Am I all about me? Do I only think about me? Do I share the gospel because its my job or do I do it because I love Jesus? 
We need to make our foundations firm so that when others see us, they see Him. We need to make our foundations strong so that when the hard times come we can withstand the storm. We need to make our foundations sure, so that when others challenge our belief in God we can be sure of what we believe and not sway from the narrow path.
I found myself challenged the other day by another Christian. They believed something that I don't agree with. I just want to say that if I hadn't had my foundations in Jesus that it would've been really difficult to deal with. Imagine another Christian believing in something that is not of the bible, it does shake you a little. BUT - when you know that you know that you know that Jesus is your rock then nothing can sway you!
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full -John 10:10
If there is one thing I've learned over the last few years of being a Christian is the above verse. Satan doesn't want us to follow Jesus, he will do anything in his power to stop us following the truth. He is a thief and a cheat, he will even use other Christians to try and topple us. Lets remember today - our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms - Ephesians 6:12
We need to remember that - neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord - Romans 8:39
So if you are feeling that you are stumbling, that you are far from God - remember the above verse, remember that we have to make Jesus our foundation; that we have a God who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us - Ephesians 3:20
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment