Tuesday 22 March 2011

Who are you?

In today's passage of scripture we find Jesus speaking in his own Village, and then casting out a demon. If you haven't already realised I'm still in Luke chapter 3.
Jesus goes to the temple in Nazareth and after reading the scriptures he ends up enraging the people and they try and stone him. In contrast to that the next passage speaks of how Jesus casts out a demon. The demon knew who Jesus was, 


"What do you want with us, Jesus of Nazareth? Have you come to destroy us? I know who you are - the Holy One of God"


How amazing is this, his own people didn't know who he was. He had grown up within that community, but they didn't know who he was, however, the spirit inside the man knew exactly who he was.
I guess that the people in Nazareth thought they knew him, but really they were basing their conclusions on the small boy that grew up in their village. Jesus said himself that 


"A prophet is not without honour except in his own town, among his relatives and in his own home.”


The difference in the story of the demon possessed man is that the spirit knew exactly who Jesus was, he was afraid of Jesus, he spoke out exactly who Jesus was and is. 
I am so glad that I know who Jesus is. There is nothing like knowing who Jesus is. When we know Jesus as Lord then there is nothing to fear. The demons were afraid of him, so what do we have to fear? We have nothing to fear. When we have Jesus as the centre of our lives then we never have to fear anything or anyone. We can know him as Lord and Saviour, we can trust in his words, we can trust in his actions all we have to do is believe and that is what the people in his own town lacked, they lacked the faith to believe in who Jesus was. I thank God that I know who Jesus is, do you know him? If not do you want to know him? If you do then its easy, all you have to do is say a short prayer and ask Jesus to be your Saviour.
If that's you then just say the following prayer and believe:


Lord Jesus I believe in you. I know that you died for me so that I can be forgiven. I'm sorry for all the sin in my life and pray that you will help me to stop doing anything that is not of you. Please come and be my Saviour. Please come into my life and take control. Thank you Lord for dying for me
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment