Friday 4 March 2011

Sin has a consequence...Moses strikes again!

So, I was reading my bible again this morning and the thing that came to mind was that 'Sin has a consequence' I know that this is obvious, but how seriously do we take this statement? 
In Exodus once again we can learn from Moses and his mates! In Chapter 20 God has just given the commandments to the people and in the following few chapters we find a list of do's and don'ts that need to be obeyed. Do you know what? I'm so glad that I don't have to live under the law of the Old Testament. I'm so thankful that I live in the grace of God.


BUT....
Do we think...its only a little sin it doesn't matter? 
Do we tell only 'white' lies that don't matter, or do we realise that when we sin we have 'MISSED THE MARK?' We have missed living the perfect life that God had intended for us.
In the Old Testament the people of Israel had to do so much to absolve their sins, in fact they had to do so much that it was pretty much impossible to keep up with! I just thank God that I can come before him and ask him to...

  1. Forgive me
  2. Help me not to continue in sin
  3. Guide me in his ways
I know that I won't ever be perfect this side of Heaven, but I guess my prayer is that God will help me take seriously the sin in my life and deal with it.
There is a consequence for sin, we have to realise that we can't just carry on sinning without anything happening. I guess there are lots of people that think the things they do wrong are so small that they don't matter, or that they are good people.
However, we need to remember that we live in a fallen world and that we are born in sin. That it is the sin in our lives that separate us from God. The only way we can sort this sinful nature is through the Blood of Jesus. When we receive Jesus as Lord of our lives, and believe that he died for us and enter into a relationship with him, then and only then are we saved. 
Aren't we glad that we are living after the cross and not before it. We are in a privileged position as we can have forgiveness of our sins without sacrificing anything as Jesus has paid the price for every sin that we have done and will do. We don't have to do all the sacrificing and ritual cleanings that the Israelites did, we are cleansed by Jesus blood.



For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, 
that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life 
John 3:16
                                                                                                                                                                


                                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment