Thursday 10 March 2011

Poor old Aaron!

After reading today's Chapters from Leviticus I must be honest I felt really sorry for Moses brother Aaron. In chapters 21 and 22 we find the rules for the priests. 
I know that I said yesterday that rules are good for us, but I must admit feeling really sorry for Aaron. He didn't really have a choice in being a priest. It wasn't as if God asked for a volunteer and Aaron found his hand in the air with everyone else looking at the floor. 
On a more serious note Aaron was chosen by God to do the job. We are all called to do something, but are we obedient enough to do it? Are we listening to God's guidance so that we do something amazing for God with the help of his Holy Spirit. 
The fact is that Aaron did have a choice just like we do, although, Aaron chose to obey God no matter what or how obscure the thing he was asked to do. I would like to think that I too would choose to obey God no matter what. I would like to think that even if I didn't want to do what God wanted me to do that I would do it anyway. I don't think that Aaron got up one morning and decided that this is what he wanted to do, but I do believe that he made the choice to obey God and do it anyway. 
Sometimes we look at others and think, "I wish I was like them, I wish God used me like he uses them" But we all have a part to play in the body of Christ, we are all equally important to God. 


12 Just as a body, though one, has many parts, but all its many parts form one body, so it is with Christ. 13 For we were all baptized by[c] one Spirit so as to form one body—whether Jews or Gentiles, slave or free—and we were all given the one Spirit to drink. 14 Even so the body is not made up of one part but of many.
 15 Now if the foot should say, “Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body,” it would not for that reason stop being part of the body. 16 And if the ear should say, “Because I am not an eye, I do not belong to the body,” it would not for that reason stop being part of the body. 17 If the whole body were an eye, where would the sense of hearing be? If the whole body were an ear, where would the sense of smell be? 18 But in fact God has placed the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be. 19 If they were all one part, where would the body be? 20 As it is, there are many parts, but one body. 1 Corinthians 12:12-19

I am so thankful that God hasn't asked me what he asked Aaron to do, although equally Aaron would not have been called to do what I do. I praise God that he has given me the privileged to serve him, and my greatest prayer is that through serving him I too can make a difference in the lives of the people that I meet. Aaron was obedient, I want to be obedient too.

No comments:

Post a Comment