Friday 18 March 2011

His name will be...Jesus!



Today's reading comes once again from Luke, its about Jesus being taken to the temple as an 8 day old baby. This story shows that Jesus was taken as every other Jewish baby boy has been taken to the temple before and since. This baby who was so special, still went through the same Jewish customs as all the other baby boys.


The thing that strikes me about this is in verse 21:  


On the eighth day, when it was time to circumcise the child, he was named Jesus, the name the angel had given him before he was conceived.


This is the most amazing name, in fact its not just a name it is who he was and who he is. The name Jesus or Yeshua means 'The Lord Saves' Jesus was and is the only Saviour of the world. Even at his very conception he was destined to be the Saviour of the world.


Jesus has many other names too, which also show who he was and is. He is Lord of Lords; King of Kings; Alpha & Omega; Messiah; Redeemer; the Lamb of God; Creator; Light of the world; the way the truth and the life - but most of all to me - He's my King! 
I Praise God for that little baby born over 2000 years ago. That little baby changed my life and allowed me the privilege to know my God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment