Monday 28 March 2011

Let's get praying!

Today I've been reading from Luke chapter 7. In this passage of scripture Jesus heals the centurions servant. The amazing thing about this centurion is that he knows and believes that Jesus can heal his servant, and sends word for Jesus to do it from a distance.
What faith this man had. He knew that Jesus didn't even have to be in the house let alone in the room!
How much faith do we have? How much faith do I have? We pray for the sick and pray such weak and pathetic prayers, that to be honest it doesn't show much confidence in the power of God. "If its your will Lord...." we pray. Of course it's his will! God doesn't want anyone to suffer, he just wants us to trust in him, he just wants us to believe in him! Jesus never prayed 'If it's your will Father, please heal this man, or if you want to dad please raise Lazarus' 
We need to get with the programme! We need to pray powerful prayers and know and believe in our heart that Jesus will heal! 
The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective - James 5:16
We need to believe this verse. When we come before our Heavenly Father and pray for something or someone, we need to believe with all our heart that he will answer - even if the answer we get is not what we expected, we still need to believe with our whole heart. I want to make sure that my prayers are 'powerful and effective' I know that the only way I can do that is if I believe with all my heart that Jesus is Lord and that he will meet me at my point of need. I don't want to say wishy washy prayers anymore! I want to be powerful and effective for God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment