Wednesday 23 March 2011

Follow me...

In Luke Chapter 5 Jesus is preaching to the crowds. He gets into Simon's boat and teaches from there. This is a brilliant picture of Jesus teaching the people. 
I can imagine the hustle and bustle of this scene as people are trying to get to Jesus, and the safest place being the boat on the water. 
In the mean time Jesus has this conversation with Simon Peter. He tells him to put his nets back into the water, and Simon Peter does what Jesus asks and gets the catch of his life. Simon Peter recognised that Jesus was someone special and so he did as Jesus told him to. He could've said no, but he chose to act on the commands of Jesus. I want to act on the commands of Jesus. I want to be like Simon Peter who said, "Master, we’ve worked hard all night and haven’t caught anything. But because you say so, I will let down the nets.” 
This was to be the start of an amazing adventure for Simon Peter. I bet Simon Peter didn't expect to leave being a fisherman when he went to work that day. I bet Simon Peter didn't expect to go and be a disciple of the Saviour of the world either. He was just going about his normal everyday work when BANG he met with the most important person ever to walk this planet. I too had a change of direction just like Peter. I was just going about my day to day life when Jesus made a huge impact on me. Since then my life has completely changed, my job has changed and I can honestly say that I am having the greatest adventure getting to know Jesus and sharing my life with him.
Jesus always meets us exactly where we are. Whether we are in a good place or a bad place, Jesus comes into our lives in the place where we are. I was just going about my day to day work, Peter was just going about his day to day work.


If you haven't met with Jesus yet, then look out! It could happen anywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment